Wednesday 17 February 2010

Destination Dinchester

What amazed me was the response I got from the Billy the Cat samples I sent.
The next afternoon I received a reply from the Beano ed. He liked the samples very much and offered me the chance of a slot in the Beano Annual 2011.

Awesome!! and even more awesome was the character I was given to work with...

General Jumbo. The school boy in charge of his very own remote controlled toy army. (Whoops, I shouldn't refer to them as toys.)

All this from my first proper pitch to an established title. Now it's been a long time in the making and I've spent years working towards this moment by creating my own comics and self publishing. I was overjoyed!

So to work. At that stage nothing was certain. There was a possibility Jumbo may not make it in the book at all due to restrictions on space. However I was up for the fight!

I've posted below a few of the sketches I sent through to try and win the editor over.

Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment