Tuesday 6 April 2010

Geronimo - At long last... The 11th Doctor

I've been waiting for the new series of Doctor Who introducing the 11th Doctor and Amy Pond with a mixture of excited anticipation and a little sadness for a while now.

Why?

Well, excited to see a new regenerated Doctor, something I've always enjoyed no matter who takes on the role. But with a little sadness because leading up to this series I was invited to pitch for the art chores for the comic strip in the BBC's Doctor Who adventures magazine. Needless to say I didn't get the job but I did well and got in the final selection of artists to be chosen. My work was, so I'm told by the BBC, shown to Matt Smith and Karen Gillen.

So for a time I grew quite attached to the idea and spent a long time sketching the characters.
I have to say that Matt Smith is tricky to draw and in hindsight perhaps I didn't quite capture the likeness I was after.

Anyway below I've posted a few of the pieces of art I put together for the pitch.

Later..



No comments:

Post a Comment